The weather here is so weird. Yesterday it was cold enough to for me to yank my giant pea coat out of the closet; today it's super rainy and warm.
Jeremy and I are both home today (gasp!), snuggled up in the living room with the cat and dog, hiding from the drizzle outside. This morning we had breakfast at a little bakery downtown, browsed through the dog boutique (shush!) and went treasure hunting at the flea market. I found a gorgeous early 20th century black bonnet (very Doubt, actually, but strangely I loved it so much!) and dropped lots of Christmas-y hints.
I know lately it seems that every time I post I'm apologizing for not posting, but school and work have just been so hectic. With the semester being over I'm hoping to have a better internet presence-- I hate not having time for things that I love. I haven't had much time for getting dressed properly either, because I tend to wear such boring clothes to work (usually some variation of pants and a cardigan and flats). It's so sad.
Also, Haley from Haleyknitz has given me an award!
You should all check her out immediately--I met her at the library's teen book club and she turned out to be a surprise book blogger! I'm usually so bad at returning these things, but here goes:
Rules: List 7 Favorite Things and send this award on to 7 other bloggers
Top 7 Favorite Things:
1. Painting while listening to The Beatles and David Bowie.
2. Re-watching all seven seasons of Buffy every eight months or so--just long enough so that I've forgotten little things and can get appropriately teary and nostalgic.
3. Spending a rainy afternoon curled up with a book (a delicious cliché).
4. Seeing all of my out-of-state friends at the Harry Potter convention each year!
5. Getting up early and having lots of alone time with coffee and blogs.
6. Hanging out with my husband and being insanely silly.
7. Baking while listening to music and dancing in the kitchen. (Amy Winehouse is usually my baking music of choice!)
I'm going to tag just a few ladies, should you choose to accept it:
1. I Have a Garden!
2. Darling Darling