I was recently tagged by the lovely liebemarlene, what indie nights?, and Strawberrykoi! Since I'm still rather new around here I thought a bit of random question-answering would be fun.
1. What is your current obsession? Gardening! This is the first year that we’ve actually had the space to have our own (container) garden, and it has been so fun and rewarding. I’ve been obsessed with flowers and herbs, and now I have a little container vegetable garden going as well.
2. What is your weirdest obsession? Definitely dolls. Not boring ones like those frilly porcelain things, but the interesting kind like Blythe, Pullip, and ball-jointed dolls. I still haven't photographed my entire collection, but I will soon! And of course I personally don’t think it’s weird, but I know some people are creeped out by dolls in general.
3. What do you see outside your window? We live in a huge old 1890s house that has been converted into apartments, and our kitchen window looks out onto the big shared backyard. It’s super shady because of the giant pecan trees and is always filled with random wildlife-- squirrels are constantly playing around and being annoying (they steal my strawberries and leave half-eaten pecans on the porch!) and there are always a ton of birds being noisy.
4. What is your favorite color? Avocado green and teal/turquoise (but not together).
5. What is your weakness? Chocolate chip cookies. I’m sure that’s not what the question was going for, but really. I eat way too many chocolate chip cookies because can’t say no to them.
6. What animal would you be? I think I resemble a bird the most—I’m twitchy and pointy and awkward—and when I was in college I used to think that crows were stalking me (they still do sometimes!)
7. What would you like to learn how to do? Play the piano.
8. What do you want to never happen in life? Besides the obvious fear of losing my loved ones, I never want to lose interest in my career and hobbies and go through life unhappy.
9. What is on your bedside table? A clock and a fan.
10. What's the last thing you bought? That F21 skirt from my wishlist post. *facepalm*
11. What do you think about the person who tagged you? Rhiannon and Aya are both so incredibly gorgeous and inspiring! Aya is just so effortlessly elegant, and Liebemarlene was the first fashion blog that I ever read so I’ll always be grateful to her for inadvertently opening me up to this entire community. I've only recently discovered Leah's blog, but she seems so fun and adorable!
11. What was your favorite children's book? When I was tiny it was all about The Monster at the End of This Book and the Little Golden Book The Store Bought Doll. I still have them and they are so worn out.
In elementary school I was really into Goosebumps books, the Fudge series, and Ramona Quimby; and then came an obsession with Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Shel Silverstein.
13. Who do you want to meet in person? I have an extremely short list when it comes to meeting celebrities because I fear the potential awkwardness. With that being said, I'll brave the weirdness for Joss Whedon and David Bowie.
14. What did you want to be as a child? I was talking to my husband about this recently: I firmly believe that most of us know deep down what we want to do with our lives, but it gets all messed up along the way when we try to be practical. I used to make my friends play "library" in kindergarten (they hated it!), and in fourth grade I realized that I loved writing and did it off and on until the end of high school. My early years of college were spent panicking over what I wanted to do, until I realized that I needed to do what makes me happy (not what makes the most money) and switched over to a major in English. And now I'm in library school with writing as a hobby, so I'm back to what kid-me intended all along.
15. What did you dream about last night? I barely remember my dreams these days, but it had something to do with playing Beatles Rock Band because I'm so excited for it.
16. Which do you prefer, day or night? I’ve always been a night person, but lately I’ve really been enjoying early mornings with breakfast and coffee and blog-reading. I’m sure this has everything to do with being unemployed at the moment.
17. What's your favorite piece of clothing in your closet? I can never pick favorites of anything, but I love my plaid mini-dresses because they're so good for layering in the winter.
18. What's your plan for tomorrow? I don’t really have any plans for tomorrow, but today is my mother’s 49th birthday and my puppy’s 1st—so I’m going to call her again later and make Weetzie a dog cake! (My mother and I don’t live in the same town, otherwise I would make her a cake too of course!)
19. What would you like to get your hands on right now? Cupcakes. I'm dying for a cupcake but we're out of eggs.
20. What is your must-have of the moment? The booties from my wishlist post!
21. What's your favorite tea flavor? Definitely chai, but I hardly ever drink it. I usually have a pot of black coffee in the morning, which isn't quite as bad as it sounds because I only have a four cup coffee maker. Although I guess that's still kind of bad.
22. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? NYC. One of my good friends just moved there and I would love to explore the city with him.
And now I tag Penelope Nightingale and Darling Darling! Only if they want to, of course.